Shri AnanthKumar distributes cheques to deserving students from Jain community !
A program was organized by the Jain International Trade Organization (JITO) on the 7th of December at the Jain Bhavan in VV Puram. The program was organized for the distribution of scholarship cheques to deserving students from the Jain community. Shri AnanthKumar was the chief guest for the event, he was accompanied by Shri LA Ravi Subramanya, MLA of Basavanagudi. Shri Ananth Kumar inaugurated the function by lighting the lamp. In his address in spoke at length about the role of JITO in the present day. He praised Ms. Kavitha Jain, a member of JITO, whose initiative helped in securing a scholarship of 6.5crore for over 30,000 students from across the state.
Excerpts of Shri AnanthKumar’s speech-
- The jain community posses a unique business acumen, they always put work above everything else. It is certainly worth emulating.
- I wish to see the organisation prosper and I hope that 10 years down the line JITO would be giving out scholarships to people directly rather than receiving them from the Government.
- I am not here to campaign for the forthcoming elections but to rather spread the word of Shri Narendra Modi, who says “Don’t vote for the sake of a candidate or a party, but vote for INDIA.”
- The jain community are one of the very few left who follow their traditions and culture very strictly and live by the principles of Ahimsa.
- I hope that very soon they would be granted the status of 3B in reservation.
- The blessings of lord Mahavir and the enormous support of the Jain community has helped me serve the people of Bangalore south for 5 consecutive terms now.
- My best wishes to JITO and its members for all its future endeavours